I have been away for a while but am now back with new recipes! Here I have a very nice recipe with two lovely seasonal vegetables: artichoke and broad beans. Delicious!
Here we go,
1 jar of artichoke hearts
Half a kilogramme of fresh broad beans
1 medium size onion
Half a glass of olive oil
1 tea-spoonful of sugar
Juice of one lemon
1. Since I cannot find big, fresh artichokes ready made in the market, I choose the easy way out and bought the ones in a glass jar. But if you have time to look for fresh ones, then do, as it is healthier!
2. Chop the onion and sautee it with olive oil. Shell the broad beans and add them to the pan, with two glasses of warm water. Add half of the lemon juice.
3. Cut the artichoke hearts into quarters, add them too!
4. Add a bit more warm water if it has evaporated from the pan, then add the sugar and salt.
5. Close the cover and cook it slowly (at a low heat for about 20 minutes or so until the beans are soft).
6. Serve the artichokes onto a plate, with the broad beans over them. Sprinkle the dill over the top and allow the food to cool on the plate, sprinkle the rest of the lemon juice over the top.