Well, this is something new for me as well. Because I am not used to this funny shape vegetable which smells strong aniseed, I thought it could only be raki (or uzo) to have a smell like that!
I used sweet potato in order to soften its taste, which worked quite well.
Serves 2 – 3
1 big fennel (or 2 medium size)
2 sweet potatoes
1. Boil fennel till it gets tender then divide it into pieces. You do not have to cut it, will separate easily.
2. Peel the potatoes and slice them long.
3. Place all of them into a low tray.
4. Drizzle with olive oil then put rosemary leaves over them.
5. Grill for 15 minutes or roast in the oven until the color changes, I think it takes half an hour 40 minutes.