This dish has a sort of a wintery feeling like it’s rainy outside, you sit by the stove and enjoy your food by the woodfire. Anyway, it is ok to have it whenever you like. It makes a good substitute for meat.
500 grams of green lentils
1 medium size onion
A glass full of pasta, like macaroni or conchieggli or another small type
2 medium size tomatoes or just tomato paste
A teaspoonful of turmeric
Chilli pepper flakes or chilli sauce
Dry or fresh mint
1. Chop the onions, then sautee them with spicy tomato paste. If you have some, add chopped tomatoes, stir well and let them cook for a while.
2. Boil some water, add the green lentils and water just to cover them. Stir well.
3. If it is lacking liquid, add a little bit of water, then bring up to boil, add the pasta, then simmer.
4. Add the spice and herbs, stir well.
5. It is usually nice on it’s own, but you can have nice salad or yoghurt with it as well.