Finally something different than pumpkin soup for Halloween! I have been cooking it for the last two years as a Halloween dessert and it is a great success! And extremely easy I would say!
1 kg pumpkin (sliced 2 cm thick and 5 -6 cm long)
3 cups of sugar (may be more depends how sugary you like it! This was pretty enough for me but I do not like it too much!)
optional : pistachios, almonds or hazelnuts)
clotted cream, if not vanilla icecream or double cream
6 – 7 cloves
How am I gonna cook this?
1. Take a wide pan, place a layer of pumpkins then cover them with sugar, then another layer of pumpkins then sugar, be generous when you are pouring sugar!
2. Let it rest for one or two hours. You will see the pumpkins softening up and then leaving their juice.
3. If there is not enough juice(I mean the pan should be half way full with the juice) then add a little bit of water.
4. Boil on a medium heat for 15 – 20 minutes, once they are soft enough, empty the pumpkins into a glass casserole.
5. Boil the rest of the juice until it becomes caramelised, put some crushed walnuts over your dessert then pour the caramelised juice over it.
6. Cool it for a few hours then enjoy with ice cream or double cream!